Minneapolis’ Orchestra Hall recently underwent a significant remodel, including an expanded lobby, updated backstage facilities, a refreshed auditorium, improved access for those with disabilities, and other building enhancements. As part of these renovations, Larsen was asked to create a wayfinding plan and sign system that would assist patrons to their various destinations, enhance the concert experience, and align with Orchestra Hall’s stunning new architecture.
- Both interior and exterior spaces were addressed to ensure a cohesive visitor experience
- Wayfinding includes pathways to the auditorium, various galleries, and offices
- Permanent and annual displays celebrate donor contributions
- Digital displays highlight future events at the box office and bar
- Simple, timeless materials and a beautiful, practical typeface complement the building’s sleek architecture